Monday, November 15, 2010

The meat is resting well

So, the meat is air-drying nicely getting ready for a good rub to start the curing cycle.  It smells amazing.  The juniper berries in the brine really give it such an nice aroma.  I think letting the meat sit in water for 24-36 hours keeps the brine from being to overwhelming, and it does give the meat such a nice aroma.  The brine will really make it the pastrami so much more juicy and flavorful.

These are just two cuts in the batch.  I should have a bunch of samples for my test tasters once this batch is completed.

Aside: My mom wants me to be less crude with what I write in the blog.  She said Aukie never used such language.  Look... I am nice guy, but my role model is HOWARD STERN.  I do not know what I am gonna say next.  So, all you kids.. be careful what you read.. I GOT A BIG MOUTH!!

Back to the Pastrami.. i am gonna let it rest and dry another 12 hours before I start the cure.  I really want to rub my meat tonight, but I should make sure that it is good shape before I touch it again.

2 comments:

  1. Wasn't gonna say it - but glad that Barbara did. :-) Love your blog Adam!
    - Alisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. What does Amelia think? She loves books, but does she read blogs, too?

    ReplyDelete