Thursday, November 18, 2010

I'm in love with a man... a man called God.

I cut up and brined the turkeys tonight before I watched "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia".  It would be fun to hang out with Green Man.  We could tend the fire in the cold smoker, discuss old girlfriends and talk baseball.
Here is what I did today:
Took defrosted Turkeys out of the fridge, sharpened my knife, and put those butchery skills to work.

Butchered them up.  Taking breast meat, thigh meat and drumstick meat off the bone for the Pastrami brine.  The other parts I will use for stock.

Bucket of pieces for Pastrami!

Bucket of parts and carcasses for stock. I did a good job of getting the meat off the bone.  My grandpa would have been proud of how I broke down these birds.

Parts for Pastrami in the brine.  I think the thigh meat is gonna be really tasty as Pastrami.  Will let the turkey meat Brine for about 72 hours.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHARLIE KELLY!

No comments:

Post a Comment