Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Braving the elements

Last weekend, I catered a film wrap party for a movie being shot at Half Moon Bay, California.  It was further proof that I can set up "shop" to serve my Pastrami in any corner of the world.  I found a spot right on the beach that was out of the wind, and started up my stove to sling Pastrami, Corned Beef and Turkey sandwiches.  Of course, I offered melted swiss, reubens and pickles. 
The best part of this event, besides being on the beach in Northern California, were the fresh salads that I made for the cast.  Aukie's presented "Primanti Brothers" style cole slaw, vegan(tofu bacon) german potato salad, greek salad with feta cheese, and a roasted squash vegetable salad all to rave reviews.  It was a really fun day, and I think the entire cast left a few pounds heavier!

No comments:

Post a Comment